Toronto Hydro: Construction expected from December 2020 - April 2021
PROJECT: 1780 Lawrence Avenue West
PROJECT INFORMATION #: C-180528-WD2991
WARD: 5 – York South-Weston
ACTIVITY: Underground Civil and Electrical Work
EXPECTED PROJECT TIMELINE: December 2020 – April 2021
COVID-19 UPDATE: At Toronto Hydro, we take pride in powering our city and are committed to maintaining a safe and reliable distribution system during this unprecedented time. Along with other utilities, we’ve been designated an essential workplace by the provincial government, in recognition of the critical work needed to continue safely powering our city’s homes and businesses – today, tomorrow and in the months ahead. If you come across one of our crews working in your community, please practise physical distancing and avoid approaching them directly in order to ensure your safety and theirs. For more information on how we are responding to COVID-19, please visit www.torontohydro.com/covid-19.
SCOPE: Please be advised that as a result of construction to your neighbour’s property, Toronto Hydro will be replacing the existing electrical cables and hydro poles within the city-owned property near your lot.
WORK AREA: The project area includes Marshlynn Avenue (North), Renfield Street (East), Lawrence Avenue West (South) and Blackstone Street (West).
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you have any questions about the upcoming work, please contact our Customer Operations Team, and quote Project Information # C-180528-WD2991
CUSTOMER OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE: Shannon Jackson
GENERAL INQUIRIES: 416-542-3366
WHAT TO EXPECT
You may experience dust, noise and other inconveniences as a result of the work for this project. We will make efforts to reduce the impacts to you. Your patience is appreciated.
1. Design: The design stage is when technical staff plan on how to get the new power supply to your home or business.
2. Civil: The civil stage is when crews dig into the ground to place poles and pipes (conduit).
3. Electrical: The electrical stage is when crews switch over from the old to new wire system.
• Generally, work on this project will take place Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Weekend work may occur.
Road and sidewalk access
• In order to complete the work in a safe manner, there will be road and sidewalk restrictions within the construction work area
• In the event of any parking restrictions, advance notice will be provided
Possible power outages
• Throughout this project, planned power outages may be necessary to switch from the old to the new electrical system
• We intend to provide you with advance notice of these outages
Public safety is a top priority for us. We ask that you are careful around construction areas.
Always . . .
• Be alert around construction sites and never enter an area marked by fences or safety cones
• Be visible at all times and make eye contact with people operating equipment
• Be aware of your surroundings and avoid distractions like using your cell phone
• Follow all safety signage, even if there are no construction workers around
• Walk on the sidewalk or designated walkway
• Ask for assistance to walk around the construction area if you feel you’re unable or uncomfortable
• Watch your step! Always be prepared for unexpected hazards
• Report anything that looks dangerous to a construction site worker, or call 416-542-8000