Metrolinx: Construction expected Nov 4 - Dec 11
Eglinton Crosstown LRT Construction Notice
Information as of: October 16, 2020
Hollis Street Closure for Storm and Sanitary Sewer Installation
November 4 – December 11, 2020
What Work is Taking Place?
As early as Wednesday November 4, 2020, installation of a new storm and sanitary system on Hollis Street will begin. Hollis Street will be closed at Weston Road to all vehicular traffic, including resident vehicles, for approximately one month while this work takes place. Pedestrian access to properties will be maintained. Crews will be working from as early as 7:00am until 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternative parking arrangements will be provided to affected properties.
What to Expect
Crews will be excavating approximately five meters in the roadway to install a new storm and sanitary system on Hollis Street. Vehicular access to Hollis Street will be restricted. Concrete barriers, fencing, and other material will be erected to secure the work zone. This work will involve two traffic configurations, however Hollis St will remain closed for duration of the installation.
HOURS OF WORK
• Hollis Street will be closed from as early as Wednesday November 4 until as early as December 11, 2020
• Crews will be working as early as 7:00am until 6:00pm, Monday to Friday
• Occasional weekend and evening work may be required
• Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances
• The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours but may do so at its discretion
• This work may take longer or shorter than expected
• Hollis Street will be closed to all vehicular traffic
• Driveways for 1167, 1161, and 1151 Weston Rd will be closed
• Emergency Services access to Hollis Street will be maintained
• Waste and recycling collection services will be maintained. Crews will move the bins to the roadway and return them for residents affected
• No major impacts to TTC bus service
• Intermittent sidewalk interruptions may occur throughout the duration of this work
• Access to businesses and properties will be maintained
• Site lighting may be required
• Noise from construction equipment such as excavators, loaders, and trucks can be expected
Visit Our West Community Office:
Address: 1848 Eglinton Avenue West (at Dufferin Street)
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Write to us at: email@example.com
Find us on Twitter @CrosstownTO
Visit the website: www.thecrosstown.ca