Eglinton Crosstown LRT Construction Notice
Information as of: March 9, 2021
Street Lighting & Traffic Signal Installation at Black Creek Dr & Eglinton Ave W
March 10, 2021
What Work is Taking Place?
As early as Wednesday March 10, 2021, crews will be installing underground conduits crossing Eglinton Ave W at Black Creek Dr for permanent street lighting and traffic signals. Work will take place in four phases, with three stages per phase. Each phase is expected to take approximately seven days to complete. Work will take place within regular working hours, from as early as 7:00am – 11:00pm. When crews are not working, they will install steel-plates over the area and all lanes will reopen.
What to Expect
Crews will be installing conduits crossing Eglinton Ave W at Black Creek Dr. There will be four phases to complete this work, one for each intersection crossing. One lane in each direction will always remain open. Lighting and noise from construction equipment can be expected.
HOURS OF WORK
• The lane shifts will begin as early as Monday March 10 and will be ongoing for approx. one month
• Work may occur from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., five (5) days per week, Monday through Friday
• Work may be rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances
• Installations will take place in four phases; two phases to cross the east and west side of Black Creek Dr, two phases to cross the north and south side of Eglinton Ave W
• Each phase will happen in three stages
o Stage one will involve the closure of two lanes on the near side of the intersection
o Stage two will involve the reopening of two right most lanes, and the centre lanes closing
o Stage three will involve the closure of lanes on the far side of the intersection and reopening of the centre lanes
o One lane will be maintained through all three stages
o All lanes will be reopened by the end of each day.
• There will be no changes to existing pedestrian routes
• Bus stop locations will be adjusted as needed to maintain TTC service
West Community Office:
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Write to us at: email@example.com
Find us on Twitter @CrosstownTO
Visit the website: www.thecrosstown.ca
Sign up for e-mail updates at www.thecrosstown.ca/sign-up
Disponible en français