City of Toronto: Construction Winter Shutdown
Construction Update #1
December 15, 2020
Weston Road Infrastructure Improvements from Lawrence Avenue West to Humberview Crescent
Winter Shutdown Start Date: December 23, 2020
Winter Shutdown End Date: February 28, 2021
*Timeline is weather dependant and subject to change.
In July, the City of Toronto began infrastructure improvements on Weston Road from Lawrence Avenue West to Humberview Crescent.
In Mid-December, our contractor will prepare for the winter shut down. During the winter shutdown, the road and sidewalks will be temporarily restored. All roadways and sidewalks will remain open and accessible to the public.
We wish you a safe and happy holiday season and will provide an update before work resumes in 2021.
WORK STATUS TO DATE
Since this project started in summer 2020, the City's contractor has completed the following work:
• Replaced the sanitary sewer and the City-owned portion of sewer laterals and substandard water services.
• Installed temporary traffic and pedestrian signals at the intersections of Lawrence Avenue West, John Street, Elsmere Avenue, Church Street and St.Phillips Road.
• Removed the concrete road base and repaved the road from Lawrence Avenue West to Little Avenue.
• Replaced the major sections of concrete sidewalk from Lawrence Avenue West to Little Avenue.
In spring 2021 the contractor will:
• Reconstruct the road from Elsmere Avenue to Humberview Crescent.
• Replace the remaining sections of concrete sidewalk from Lawrence Avenue West to Little Avenue.
• Install permanent traffic signals at the intersections of Lawrence Avenue West, John Street, Elsmere Avenue, Church Street and St.Phillips Road.
• Resume electrical work for the Business Improvement Area (BIA) and hydro poles from Lawrence Avenue West to Little Avenue.
• Streetscaping work for the northwest corner of Lawrence Avenue West and Weston Road.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 AND CONSTRUCTION WORK IN TORONTO
During construction, the contractor is responsible for the Health & Safety on site under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and is expected to implement COVID-19 mitigation practices. For more information on the City's response to COVID-19 please visit toronto.ca/covid-19.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING WINTER SHUT DOWN
During the winter shutdown, the road and sidewalks will be temporarily restored. All roadways and sidewalks will remain and accessible to the public. A Construction update will be issued before work resumes in 2021.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you have questions, please contact us.
Public Consultation Unit: Steven Ziegler, 416-392-2896, email@example.com
TTY Hearing Impaired Service: 416-338-0889 (7 Days a week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed holidays)
General inquiries: 311
Thank you for your patience. Building a great city takes time. Better infrastructure for all of us is worth the wait.